Friday, August 01, 2008

Bleary at 2am


Broke the seal tonight, i.e. first night ingesting beer and wine.  Had fun at a couple different parties, saw some funny acts, shmoozed with fellow performers, witnessed many stumbling Scots.  It's going to be a great month.

You know who they have a lot of here in Scotland?  They have a lot of shaggy haired, horn-rimmed glasses, skinny jeans, hipster-looking men and women in their 20s.  It's like Williamsburg with accents.  But cooler because I don't think anyone's trying to be ironic.  Or perhaps that's just my naive, untrained, 'Merican eyes.

We've got duelling laptops every day here.  Except there are three of us.  Is that trilling laptops?


5 comments:

Stefanie Trenchard said...

it's good to know that IKEA "stone" art plays well across the pond as well. we have the same print sitting in our front hall closet. -stef

Anna Moore said...

hysterical. yes this ENTIRE apartment is furnished in IKEA. from the flooring to the cabinets to the dishes and towels. it's kinda weird.

Stefanie Trenchard said...

Now if only the fridge dispensed swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam....

Unknown said...

just found your blog. oh my word!!! what have you been up to? now i can keep tabs on you. yes!!!! score!!!!

Anna Moore said...

JOMAR!! I miss you! I saw clips of you and Colleen in Whats a Little Death on you tube. You guys sounded awesome. Yes come spy on me on my blog. I want to see you when I'm in SF in September. Will you be there?