Sunday, August 03, 2008

So guess what?

Apparently the Fringe doesn't even start until tomorrow.  What the eff?  Here I am feeling like a war-hardened veteran already, and the Fringe hasn't even begun.  

Our show today was awesome.  Our biggest house yet, reaching into the previously untouched back sections of the house -- and all people paying full-price tickets!  There was a guy right in the front row who was laughing so hard at everything I wondered if he'd been paid by our PR guy.  But no, Jeff spoke with him after the show.  He just loved the show.  Yeah!  That's right.  Unnnhhh.

Anne, Jeff, and I are still trying to work out the most efficient flyering strategies.  So far the three of us have been working High Street (seen above), which is a pedestrian only street that is at the heart of the Fringe, and floods with people, street performers, barkers, and the like.  So far it's been pretty manageable but supposedly the return on investment starts petering out after a while as it gets harder and harder to distinguish oneself from the crowd.  Still, it's right around the corner from our house, so I figure we'll stick with it for a while.

I'm having fun tweaking the show each day, trying to maximize laughs, find new bits and character nuance.  It's been great for me to learn about comedy this way, on my feet.  After all, this is more or less my first foray into it. Can't wait to see where we end up at the end of the run, to see how much the show has grown.

No comments: