Saturday, August 16, 2008

Good Night

Had a great night tonight.  Just got home from a Free Fringe comedy show that some new friends of ours are in.  Before that, Anne and I had the Beer & Burger for £3.75 deal at the Tron and chatted about non-Fringe things.  Our lives, our friends, what's in store for us in the coming months.  Felt great to connect on that level.  To just take a moment and be human together.  And I love that place, the Tron.  It's got comfy chairs, a good juke box, pool, and it's right across the street from our flat.  What more can you ask for? 

Now I'm sipping some hot water and orange (didn't have lemon) trying to soothe my very tired voice.  Our typically hectic morning schedule of flyering and taking care of business leaves me with no time to warm up, and my character speaks in a very high, teenage-girl voice, which strains my chords.  Plus I'm talking all day and all night, sometimes in very loud venues, and the occassional beer means I'm tending towards dehydration.  Also not good for chords.  I'm trying to do better, but at worst, it's only 10 more days.

Wow, 10 more days and all this is over.  Unbelievable.  I don't think I'm quite ready for reflection yet, but I can say that I'm incredibly proud of our achievements.  The fact that we wrote, rehearsed, produced, fundraised, costumed, prop-mastered, coordinated, marketed, and now perform this show all by ourselves is pretty remarkable.  

It kinda goes without saying, but I could not have done it without Anne and Jeff.  I would never have had the guts to do this myself.  To even think I could do it myself.  I'm really grateful that they asked me to join them on this adventure.

Alright that's it for now.  I'm sleepy and I'm not sure there's a clear direction to this yarn I'm writing.  So good night for now.  Love to all.

P.S. - How many of these Macbook Photo Booth pictures do you think I can post here before it gets really annoying?

No comments: